Glass Hill School
7915 Maple Street
Pittsville, Maryland

Listed in an 1877 atlas, Glass Hill School was originally located on Glass Hill Road in Parsonsburg, MD. On a map of school locations in Wicomico County, the school is identified simply as "Cold School." The apostrophe was omitted after the "l," thusly, Col'd, an abbreviation used for "colored" school.

The school was abandoned and was scheduled for demolition when Jim Jackson purchased and moved it to Pittsville circa 1900. Restoration has been undertaken and it is now a shop called Schoolhouse Collectibles. An accompanying picture shows a group of children who attended the school. A date for the photograph has not been found.

For additional information:
Jim Jackson
7915 Maple Street
Pittsville, MD 21850
410/835-2602